Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Riding With Me


One thing that I miss here in China is having a car. Public transportation is efficient enough to get me from here to there. But there are times when I just don't know where it is that I am headed.

Back home, when I'm on the road and everything is at a standstill, I merely swerve into an unknown side street. Or in those times when I'm alone and things got too quiet, i just buckle up and head off to nowhere in particular.

I used to enjoy driving late at night. I'd roll the windows down, and let the wind carry the day away. I'd also sing along to my driving music selection, feel good songs someone burned for me onto a couple of discs.

But I don't have a car here. Here, where I needed to roll the windows down and just breathe. Listen to upbeat songs just to feel happy. Take a quick detour when things ground to a halt. Escape when things were closing in.

It hasn't been an easy year for me. But I am grateful that through it all, 170 entries to date, each one of you decided to hop in, buckle up, and take that ride with me.

photo from here

8 comments:

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

i enjoyed every ride with you Sean... Keep it up! everything will be in place, just keep going...

JJRod'z

Caloy said...

You'll get by. There's always somethin to do as long as there are options. I have owned a bicycle when I stayed there for a month. Why? Just for the heck of it. =)

rudeboy said...

I remember we were driving, driving in your car
The speed so fast I felt like I was drunk
City lights lay out before us
And your arm felt nice wrapped 'round my shoulder
And I had a feeling that I belonged
And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone.

the geek said...

please reserve the passenger seat for me... hahaha

happy first birthday to your blog, sean...

Mac Callister said...

oo naman...we love your stories kaya and we wish you peace of mind. kung anuman yang gumugulo sa yo now :-)

Blakrabit said...

Everything is a gift. Even the horrible ones. -Laura Dern, Enlightened

lee said...

aaaahhhh the joys of driving :)

and isn't it nice to have someone ride along with you?

happy one year sean :D

Sean said...

@jj roa rodriguez: hi jj and thanks much!

@caloy: thanks for the encouragement caloy. just for the heck of it - words to live by, thanks!

@rudeboy: at talagang napakanta ako.

@the geek: will do hahaha. wanted to drive a bus. kaso baka walang sumakay hehehe. thanks geek!

@mac callister: aww, thanks mac. and thanks for wishing me well.

@blakrabit: hey that's a great quote blak.

@lee: it is! hey, thanks lee!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...