Saturday, November 26, 2011

0 to 95


We stepped through the door and looked around for something to hold on to. We were in a section where there were no posts or handle bars, so we just tried to stand firm. The train sped away, accelerating from 0 to 95 km/hr in a matter of seconds. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the rush.

The tracks at certain intervals were uneven. We'd both get jolted, but then he'd grab my shirt from behind and keep me from toppling over. We'd laugh over my clumsiness, before it was my turn to save his ass. I'd hold on to his shoulder and smile. He'd understand and clasp my hand tightly in his mind.

I looked at my husband. He tries too hard not to show what he feels when we're out in public. Yet his eyes betray the same emotions in mine. It wasn't always an easy ride. And we only had each other to hold on to. But from months 0 to 95, we have always laughed together.

He closed his eyes and enjoyed the rush of the cool wind. I immediately closed mine. And under cover of imagined isolation, I put my hand tightly around his.

photo from shgay.com

14 comments:

Mac Callister said...

hay...always pleasant to read something from you sean. YOu both have a postive attitude towards everything. keep on loving each other :-)

bien said...

Sean, ako naman I'm trying to imagine how you and your hubby look like hihihi

Mr. Hush Hush said...

this is sooo nice and romantic, Sean ^_^ no better way to describe it. haaaaaay

Leomer Apolonio said...

Galing. I'm not sure how to describe or label it, but some call it telepathy. Through time, I feel it's inherent to two people with connection... through love.

Cheers!

Kiks said...

kayo na ang pasaherong tinititigan ng ibang inggitero sa tren. silang mga walang kaholding hands.

:-)

ZaiZai said...

I let out a loud 'awwww' after reading this sean. ang sweet :)

the geek said...

"how could i explain my marriage? anyone watching from land is no judge of its seaworthiness, for the vital part is always underwater. it can't be seen."
-the story of a marriage, andrew sean greer


happy 95th 'month'sary to you and your husband, sean...

:)


-the geek

Ms. Chuniverse said...

Wow, 95 months!

That's like... FOREVER!!!


Love this entry.


:)

citybuoy said...

I agree with everyone. 95 months is super rare. I read this post and left with a smile on my face. :D

KikomaxXx said...

hahaha ng sweet parin :)

Darc Diarist said...

inggit.

speed away! :)

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

I'm happy for you guys... Isnt it wonderful to have someone to rely to in times like this...

Love it!

JJRod'z

c - e - i - b - o - h said...

let me greet you happy happy from the Philippines!!

happy 95th month!!
:D

Blakrabit said...

Kakainggit. Sobra! I'm happy for you, guys!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...