Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Back Door


I turned the tap on and the tub began to fill with warm water. I sat naked on the toilet seat, as the bathroom filled up with steam. I went in front of the mirror, placed a finger on the misted glass, and started writing. After scribbling what I had in mind, I finished up by signing my name.

I climbed into the tub, and soaked in its warmth. And after the day's worries have been washed away, I dried myself and returned to the mirror. On the glass, were more words. Thoughts other than mine. From the heart-warming to the heart-wrenching. From the cryptic to the nonsensical.

But the mirror has been bricked up for a week now, and all I could see is the great firewall of China. A short message on a sheet, which I folded as I remembered. I cracked the window open and sent the paper airplane off. And away it flew, circling the walls, before it was lifted by the winds. 

Did it reach its destination? If someone's reading this, then I guess it has.

photo from tumblr.com


10 comments:

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

It did... Take care my friend... :-)

JJRod'z

Kiks said...

you're becoming more cryptic. problems?

or just itching for cryptiness? ;-)

Anonymous said...

hahaha wala akong maicomment...

dario the jagged little egg said...

Lalim, ganda ng pagkakasulat : )
Galing mo talaga sis : )

the geek said...

i often wonder of the 'alternatives' technology has to offer to make one's life easier...of the choices one must take...like that writing on a steamed glass, how easily it can be erased without a mark...

i think it is not too bad to try a little bit of everything...

ZaiZai said...

nag pose pose ka din siguro sa harap ng mirror gaya ng nasa pic! :)

Mugen said...

Will not read your entry beneath its layers, but yes, your message came across. :)

Cheers.

citybuoy said...

I'm a little worried. Why are you becoming more and more cryptic? I hope everything's okay. *hugs*

Kapitan Panagimpan said...

it was only yesterday that i stumbled upon your blog. you inspired me to do another one. or at least try to. keep on writing ;)

Anonymous said...

vapor cigarette, smokeless cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, e cigarette health, buy electronic cigarette, smokeless cigarettes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...