Friday, July 8, 2011

Bloom


I never liked flowers. The smell always reminds me of sickness and death. Pretty bouquets with their get well soon cards. Over the top arrangements and their condolences. They never really heal the sick. They never really dull the pain.

The mishmash of scents makes my stomach queasy. The same feeling I get with the antiseptic smell of hospital emergency rooms. Where there are bouquets of roses, orchids, stargazers or what have you, I always expect a bright copper coffin nearby.

But I like the single white rose that they gave me. The whiteness blocks everything, and I am finally alone. To talk. Mostly to myself, while the lone bloom listens. And when everyone released their balloons, white against the blue sky, I finally let go of my rose and its silent message into the bright copper below.

photo from here

18 comments:

the island guy said...

Awe, that was short but sweet

Leo said...

ang lungkot Sean. :(

Anonymous said...

so sweet.. but

:(

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

good u were able to let go...

JJRod'z

Spiral Prince said...

*hug*

Aris said...

maiksi pero, grabe, ang lakas ng impact. ang galing ng pagkakasulat! :)

Lone wolf Milch said...

have to agree with aris
kahit naman ako walang hilig sa bulaklak

Mr. G said...

I can only wish you inner peace, bro...hang on...

Xian Garvida said...

:(

^travis said...

i like this line: "the whiteness blocks everything..."

zeke said...

my condolences.

dario the jagged little egg said...

sweeet! : )

Anonymous said...

the best... :)) na miss kong mag-isip... hahaha

Sean said...

@the island guy: thanks island guy. btw, if you don't mind me asking, are you of filipino ancestry / ethnicity?

@leo: oo :( salamat sa pagbasa, leo.

@jay rulez: yeah :( thanks jay.

@jj rodriguez: oo nga. thanks jj.

@spiral prince: thanks sp.

@aris: naku maraming salamat idol!

@lonewolf: aww, salamat din papa milch.

@mr. g: thank you, mr. g.

@xian garvida: salamat.

@^travis: thank you.

@the green breaker: thank you.

@daniel the jagged little egg: hi daniel. humaba ata pangalan natin.

@kikomaxxx: uy! ang tagal mong nawala! miss na kita at ang mga blogs mo.

Blakrabit said...

My condolences. :(
Great post, by the way. Grabe.

Sean said...

@blakrabit: thank you, blakrabit.

the island guy said...

I'm 100% filipino! hehe
My dad's from Ilocos Norte and my mom's from Manilla.
Visited the Philippines two years ago... nice place budddy :)

Sean said...

@the island guy: gayyem, ilokano ka pala. yeah it is a nice place. and i miss it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...