Thursday, March 17, 2011

Smoke and Mirrors


You waited patiently. As I opened and revealed them one by one, tightly encased within each of my other Matryoshka selves. Slowly, hesitantly. At my own pace, at my own terms. Until I stood there naked, trembling and unsure.

You held my face, pale under the glaring light, with both hands and said, "I like this one the most."

You took my hand and led me away from the Penrose stairs where I have lost those whom I have followed. Ascending, as they went the other way, and realizing too late that I have been tricked into a solitary spiral.

We stopped in between two mirrors facing each other. I instinctively cringed, waiting for the smoke and tricks to appear to thunderous but hollow applause. But everything remained quiet, as you showed me our reflection.

"You are beautiful," you whispered.

And I was, but more so with you. We shared the same smile, you and I, reflected by two mirrors into infinity.

Matryoshka dolls

Penrose stairs
photo credit: 
flickr - two short planks (two mirrors with infinite reflections)
trenddelacreme.com (Matryoshka dolls)
stewardess.inhatc.ac.kr (Penrose stairs)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

YoU are beautiful...

So sweet! :D

(sigh) lol

Spiral Prince said...

this is heart-warming :)

Mr. G said...

Tagal ko nang hinahanap-hanap ang mga moment na ganito...lintek! Hahaha! *brokenhearted*

Akoni said...

woww..so "cheesy"...love it.

egG. said...

ganda nung mga image.... nowsblid ulet me...

pero wow.. ah... sinabihan kang beautiful ng asawa mo...

kakilig lang... rowmantik kumbaga hehehehe...

the geek said...

i fell in love with your words.

*sighs*

emmanuelmateo said...

sa ganitong murang pag iisip, dko maxado naintindihan ang mga deep words mo sir.

kumbaga sa Literature 1, may emotion tong text na to, khit dmo siya gaanong naintindhan,,i appreciate naman hehe!

salamat po sa pagvisit sir Sean.
(hugs) muahh!

NOX said...

matryoshka talaga? taray!

Little Nikki said...

i love how you write these things!

Noah G said...

ang ganda mo talaga magsulat :) nakaka-inlab. ahahay :)

Anonymous said...

galing talaga idol.hay

and ang sweet naman pala niya e...

red the mod said...

I sometimes wonder how it would be like to have your eloquence. To illicit an emotional response without the flurry of verbosity or superfluous crenelation. Beautiful.

Kapitan Potpot said...

Very poignant Sean. You are one of the truly best finds here in the blogosphere. Kaya idol kita eh, pramis! :)

eMPi said...

Ang tamis! :D

Unknown said...

very nice work, so sweet..

Sean said...

@mr. chan: lol, thanks.

@spiral prince: thanks sp :)

@mr. g: hahaha! ang lutong nun ha!

@akoni: oo nga nakakasuya lol. thanks akoni.

@egg: ay sorry naman. naubusan ka na ng dugo niyan eg.

@the geek: aw shucks thanks geek!

@emman: hugs and muah backatchu emman.

@nox: ahahaha! oo nga no? ang taray hehe.

@린코: thanks nikki. hey couldn't access your blog the last time.

@nowitzki: ay hahaha thanks nowitzki.

@kyle: salamat kyle. musta na?

@red the mod: aw, you're so kind red. thanks a lot :)

@louie: you too louie, you're just too kind. thank you :)

@empi & @keatondrunk: mukhang pareho kayong nasuya hehe.

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful sean. eloquent. me likey.

Sean said...

@pipay: thanks pipay :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...