Monday, June 6, 2011

Coming Home


I just sat there, picking at my food, wine untouched. It was another despedida, the fourth one this month. We could barely fill the same table we usually occupy. I always knew it would come to this. We often spoke of going back someday.

The ones leaving have a peaceful aura about them. Well, who wouldn't? They were finally going home. The others shared a wistful look. Soon, it will be their turn. Sensing the absence of longing in me, a couple asked when I intend to go back. I just shrugged and smiled.

I downed my drink and looked at my friends, my extended family these past years. It pains me not to be able to tell them. About my partner. That he is from here. And that I am home.

photo from here

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's glad to know that you're home.

Almost everybody is searching for that place that seems to be very hard to find. :D

Kiks said...

Home is where the heart is, they say.

Kane said...

Ang saya =) You're very lucky Sean.

Kane

Juan der Last said...

Inggit, but happy for you. :)

zeke said...

uhm, hmm..

if it pains you, it pains me too!

charoz lang. ikaw na. :)

Anonymous said...

weee... buti chong that your safe :)

Kapitan Potpot said...

It's nice to be finally back here. Marami rami rin akong back reading na gagawin.

Welcome home. =)

bien said...

Home is where the jowa is.

bn said...

Awwwww you're home na nga!!ang lakas makaeksena ng ganto!!

my-so-called-Quest said...

nice to know you have a home to call your own. hopefully you'll get the chance to go back. ingat pabalik sean.

Anonymous said...

welcome back kuya sean...

Spiral Prince said...

My goodness, I feel so dense. Are you the ninja reader who's been reading from S.Korea, Kuya Sean? :) And yes, home is where your heart is.

Sean said...

@mr. chan: thanks sir. that's true.

@kiks: true sis.

@kane: thanks kane :)

@juan: hahaha. thanks juan. :)

@green breaker: charoz nga hahaha! thanks :)

@kikomaxxx: salamat batman.

@louie: thanks louie. hey, congrats sa bagong negosyo!

@orally: tama sis. how's bangkok?

@ibanez: hahaha yes i am.

@doc ced: thank you doc.

@kuya kyle: thanks kyle.

@spiral prince: oops. mistaken identity sp. from the neighboring country. palipat lipat din.

Spiral Prince said...

Ohhh. Okay, kuya. Ang weird lang kasing isipin na may bumabasa sa mga sinusulat kong ka-random-an mula sa ibang lupalop. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...