Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lunch Date


I wore a new trim fit shirt, one that I have been saving for a special occasion. I also had a spring jacket on. I actually had to retrieve it from the dry cleaners downstairs for today. With a pair of denims, dark chestnut brogues, and a whiff of my favorite scent, I was ready.

I haven't been out of the house for weeks. It's the first day that I thought I was well enough to be up and about and finally be able to get rid of the unhealthy pallor on my face. I was extremely excited, and a bit overdressed, for the short walk to the neighborhood restaurant.

Hubby entered our room and found me crying in bed. He asked what was wrong, and in between sobs I said that I was bleeding again. As he struggled to find my medication, he asked how I felt, if I was in pain and where it hurt the most.

I didn't know how to explain to him that the tears were for the worst of the pains that I was feeling. That of grave disappointment.

4 comments:

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

That's sad! Anniv?

JJRod'z

the island guy said...

Awe that sounds serious... I hope everything gets better. Best wishes.

ZaiZai said...

hope you'll be okay soon Sean! :*

citybuoy said...

What's wrong, Sean? I'm worried. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...