Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Beaches and Bitches


I was browsing for flight and hotel packages and asked hubby where he wanted to go this time. Everything was already expensive because he failed to deliver on his earlier promise to search the Chinese sites. And now I'm scrambling with the bookings.

I asked if Thailand was ok. We both like the beach and I wanted to shop for home stuff, but he complained that we always go to the same place. We've never been to Bali, but the package prices were already too high. I didn't even bother looking at the Maldives.

I started to panic and blamed him for the same situation that we get ourselves into year after year. I told him I didn't want to stay in China for our break. As usual, he just laughed it off and said there is always somewhere we can go to so long as we were willing to pay.

I clicked on an advert that brought me to Cebu Pacific's website. Boracay, Cebu, Palawan, Bohol came up on the screen. I told hubby that fares were already higher than usual but remained reasonable. He sensed the hesitation in my voice and asked why.

I said that given it is my home country, I would have to take care of him the whole time. I'd feel the pressure of making sure we went to the most interesting sites, ate in the best restaurants, had the best deals when we shopped, and that he always had a good time.

There was a brief pause before he said, "Now you know what I put up with every single day."

photo from tumblr.com

4 comments:

JJ Roa Rodriguez said...

Sometimes i just need to shut up myself... Hehehe... Fun! Go to Palawan... I might be able to help. I have my ties, family and friends there...

JJRod'z

citybuoy said...

Sweet! If you guys are coming over, holla at us ha! :)

bn said...

mapalad ka talaga kuya, na nakahanap ka ng boggang asawa!!!aaaww inggit me ng bongga

Sean said...

@jj: Thanks jj. I definitely want to go to Palawan, and I hope your offer still stands the next time we go on vacation. :)

@citbuoy: thanks Nyl :) We're in Cebu and will travel to nearby islands. Ang daming gwapo sa Cebu! Hahaha!

@ ibanez: sana may mag comment din sa hubby ko ng ganiyan hahaha :p

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...