Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hurt


I don't know why I listen to him. He says the most hurtful things. He knows my insecurities and uses them against me. He chips away at my confidence, and laughs in triumph at the wreck that I am.

I tried to leave him countless times. But just when I thought I was finally free, he'd be there looking over my shoulder, whispering, laughing, mocking me. And back in his grip I'd again feel small.

I want to believe that I am good enough. That I am not as insignificant as I feel. And be confident of what I can do, what I can be. Now I understand that the only way is to be free.

Of that inner critic within me.

6 comments:

rudeboy said...

"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Walt Kelly

Shenanigans said...

anu toh?

ZaiZai said...

We are the worst critics of ourselves. Deadmahin na lang ang self ;)

Sean said...

@rudeboy: that quote sums it up perfectly, rudie.

@shenanigans: stress with life, particularly work, all wrought upon me by myself...

@zaizai: hey you back from Davao? we truly are! haist dapat ngang dedmahin.

bien said...

hail, to the pursuit of excellence.
or not

Ace said...

nice one, rudeboy..

yeah i agree with you. we have to fight those inner voices that destroy rather than build.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...