Thursday, May 17, 2012

TGIF


I love my job. That's what I say to myself everyday. Repeating the mantra over and over again. Hoping that it will help add spring into my step, as I drag myself to work each morning.

I love my new shoes. Double monk straps. Paid with last month's salary, that's what I tell myself this morning. Wishing that it will keep me from turning around and running back home.

As I swipe my pass before the door, I place a hand on my forehead and fake a cough. But it's too late to call in sick. And of what, the clinic won't write medical certificates for.

I settle myself behind a mound of paperwork. The phone rings non-stop. And there is a sea of unread messages in my computer, fed by a stream of new ones.

I fish my necktie out of my bag and deftly loop a Windsor. I place the noose around my neck and hang myself.

photo from tumblr.com

8 comments:

Mac Callister said...

hahaha poor sean, must be burned out to death...dont worry you could buy a new shoes next payday!

Anonymous said...

it is okay sean, as long as you are wearing a new pair of shoes...



-the geek

rudeboy said...

If it's any consolation, Sean, I'm close to having a nervous breakdown due to some infuriating political machinations at work, over and above the stresses of overseeing multiple deliverables on time.

What I'd give to be the Hulk right now and smash. Or be Loki and slash.

dario the jagged little egg said...

Kaya yan! : )

wandering emo said...

Nakakarelate naman ako sa post na to :(

BTW,I have chosen you as one of the recipients of "The Versatile Blogger Award". Kindly read my post here: http://wanderingemo.blogspot.com/2012/05/so-im-versa.html

Thank you. Ingat palage :)

Spiral Prince said...

hay kuya sean. may the boat we're on pass scylla and charybdis.

Anonymous said...

napakaphlegmatic mo pala boss..

Sean said...

@mac callister: thanks mac. i think i need an imeldific number of shoes to bring me back to happiness...

@dario the jagged little egg: naku salamat dario!

@wandering emo: hi wandering. thanks for award! sige, i'll check it out and find out what the mechanics are. thanks again and ingat din.

@spiral prince: hay sp. isama mo na rin na ang current ay going against your flow...

@kikomaxxx: hi kiko! naku ang lalim naman ng word na yun kiks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...